Monday, June 25, 2007

Before & After Spice Rack Recycled




My parents picked up our girls last Friday (and they will keep them until Thursday), so this is a great time to get that "To Do" list done that tends to get neglected. My husband and I have done yard work, gone through every drawer and closet, cleaned out the garage, etc. I feel less stressed when I know the house is totally organized. Digressing for a minute-humor me-why is it everytime the house gets cleaned out/re-organized, the stuff we want to keep but don't know what to do with ends up in my craft room? Okay, back to the clean out: I clean out drawers and closets on a regular basis (every 3-6 months), but I still tend to hoard more than my dh. So it was great to have his help, not to mention much more fun to do these chores with him rather than by myself. We did all these chores yesterday! In the afternoon we took all the clothes down to the donation center, took out the trash, and relaxed by watching a couple of shows on our dvr. I was going to get rid of this spice rack (I use and refill the basil, oregano, red pepper, but the others have been unused and unopened for our entire marriage.) Then I had this epiphany for my primas! So I opened and dumped all those old spices, ran everything through the dishwasher, and organized those flowers. So I feel great about the house being in perfect order, except for the extra stuff in my craft room...

3 comments:

Tracy said...

now thats the perfect place for your primas - you can see what you have! what a concept :-)
and dont get me started on junk....

Corie said...

wow you have been busy. Thanks for the idea about storing the primas.

Sarah said...

great idea! I just sent my spice rack packing... should have held onto it for my craft room!!!