Monday, June 18, 2007

Feeling Formal

I was inspired to make this thank you card (pictured left) when I passed the greeting card section in the grocery store. It had the black and white floral background, with faux black ribbon vertically down the center, with “Happy Anniversary” as the sentiment. My black ribbon was a different shade compared to the ink I used (made it look black & blue), so I opted for no ribbon. I used my SU! punch, a scrap of gold moirĂ© paper, and lined the edges with my gold Pilot pen. I used pop glue dots behind the sentiment. The anniversary card (pictured right) was inspired by Wanda’s blog, " (My Creative Corner!)". My card involved no stamping, just Class-A-Peels and my silver pilot pen to edge the mats.

The heart/happy birthday card design is my own. I made a birthday card similar to this for Tracy last year. (Tracy's blogs are here and here.) I had saved the iris folding pattern I had drawn for Tracy, as well as the template, so this time the process was much quicker. I fell in love with these decorative papers (Daisy D’s “Attic Heirloom”), but I had never used them. The red and green are Bazzill, of course! The sentiment stamp is by wordsworth.


2 comments:

Tracy said...

oh miss june - i'm particularly in love with that card on the left with the floral bg and the thanks sentiment but all 3 cards are just lovely! and i love the iris folding - just so pretty :-)

Ila said...

All these cards are Gorgeous! I love the way you are always making your cards up with different items and techniques. Very inspiring! I also love your scrap cards....I have to try this .......hopefully after our holidays...