Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Cardmaps Sketch @ {Caardvarks} Day 4



I made the blue floral & stripes card first. I used discontinued MM double-sided cs, 6 mini brads, and an SU! green gem brad. Sentiment by PSX. I agonized over this card, and I'm not sure about the end result. So I took a shower and the idea to use black, white, and red popped in my head. The black & white are both Bazzill cs. Sentiment is Hero Arts. Black snaps by MM. Faux stitching using a paper piercer and a white gel pen. The red polka dot paper I found in the trash can at the scrapbook store. (I love me a good scrap!) This one seems to be too bare at the bottom. Hmmmm....any suggestions?

3 comments:

Tracy said...

oh i like'em both! i've always loved that MM paper - its so purty. and i like the sentiment just fine. the red/black is always a favorite combo of mine. i don't think the bottom looks empty but if you really wanted to do something maybe echo the polkas down at the bottom but using versamark and clear ep? subtle but uses the same elements. I really like it fine plain though :-)

lauren bergold said...

i like both also! in fact, i was thinking that i might *have* some of that MM paper...and since you made it look so nice i may actually USE it! :) ...maybe...if you either put a faux-stitching outline on the hearts or (if poss to take them OFF card)lightly inked their edges...they would stand out a bit more?

the 2nd one is SO cool & dramatic! (but then you know how i loooooove b&w with one color!) i like tracy's "dots" idea a LOT...but honestly my first thought was to snag ms. t's new *DAMASK* stamp & emboss it in black for a little tone-on-tone elegance??

...HOWEVER...helpful suggestions notwithstanding (we're *crafty*...we tinker...it's inevitable!) i must repeat: i like BOTH of these VERY much already!

you are totally ROCKIN' the sketches ms. j!!!

Debbie G said...

I like them both! On the top one it is nice how you used the brads. On the second one it is really cool how you did the faux stitching. I wouldn't add anything to the bottom one. It stands out the way it is. A great take on the sketch!!