Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Simple Scrappin'




This dp is from the same set of SU! scraps from both last Friday's and last Sunday's post. I mounted on a scrap of mellow moss cs, added a Bazzill prima and a DCWV brad. Then I took my white gel pen to add a polka dot to the middle of the brad. The sentiment is a TLC rub-on.

My organization tip:
I store my coordinating sets of papers in large ziploc bags, then file in an accordian file (by category: baby, floral, masculine, graduation, Valentine's Day, Christmas). But that accordian file is overflowing, so I also file in magazine holders (with dividers) by manufacturer (Basic Grey, Cosmo Cricket, Daisy D's, American Crafts...) and by the set name (BG Lollipop Shoppe, BG Oh Baby Boy, BG Oh Baby Girl,...) When I have an idea for a card I try to find the set that seems to suit the person I am making the card for. Then I try to make as many different cards as I can in an attempt to EMPTY that particular ziploc bag. It is amazing to me how many cards can be made from scraps! I usually lose steam and re-file the scraps to be (hopefully) used up later. The last time I had this particular bag of scraps out, I made a total of 3 cards. Here are two of them: http://simplyelegantpapercrafts.blogspot.com/2007/06/im-back.html. So that brings me to a total of 6 cards from these scraps. This does not include that I got these scraps from making 5 cards in a class my upline had last year. Let's see how far I can go on this bag of scraps. Stay tuned :)

2 comments:

lauren bergold said...

oof you are SO much more organized than me! i've got accordian files for full-sized paper (an embarrassing number of accordian files, actually; enough that lawrence welk would feel quite at home!) and hanging files for scraps. everything's by color.

and i work on one thing at a time, usually based on what is DUE next! :) but using YOUR WAY...ok, see, NOW i understand how you get soooooo many more cards made than i do...and they coordinate...and you CLEAR OUT space!

wow, you are GOOOOOD!!! (sigh)

Tracy said...

very pretty card - love that color combo