Wednesday, April 2, 2008

No, You Are Not Seeing Double




Okay, so yesterday I started out wanting to break out these virginal dps I only bought 1 1/2 years ago (sigh) and make some cards. I found exactly 3 square cards by Magenta (about 7 years old!) that I decided to use up. I love my faux stitching using a paper piercer and white gel pen, so I started there. And then the phone kept ringing off the hook. Usually no one calls at all, except the ***one*** day I have a chance to play in my craft room for about an hour. By the time I was finally off the phone, I managed yesterday's card (previous post). Today I had another hour to play (okay, so I should have been scheduling some appointments, but I was frustrated after yesterday's incessant phone ringing, so I'm procrastinating on that...) I still had these papers out on my table and I was still excited about using them.
I saw that blog friend Sarah is celebrating her blogoversary today (http://creationsbysarah.blogspot.com/). I "met" Sarah from participating in some of the {Caardvarks} challenges (http://caardvarks.blogspot.com/). So I made the bottom card based on the sketch she has posted on her blog. (The sentiment is a Hero Arts stamp. )
That still did not satisfy my desire to make cards (it seems like forever since I had a chance to make cards just because I want to). I have a punch from SU! that coordinates with this paper (yep, it was virginal too!) I punched 6 flowers with it, paired them up, and used a MM brad in the center of each. Then I came across this adhesive vellum envelope (made by "Sticks"). There were 2 left in the package. I used the larger one, cut a scrap of white cs, and stamped the sentiment using "Always Artichoke" SU! ink. Ahhhhh, now that feels good...

3 comments:

lauren bergold said...

well i LOVE all of these cards and if i started seeing them in triples, quadruples or even dodecahedrally (dodecahedron is "12-sided"...which doesn't necessarily make "dodecahedrally" a word...but i'm goin' with it!) i would still say, "more! MORE!!" :)

Cassie said...

Very nice! Found you through Sarah's blogoversary - can't wait to check out the rest of the stuff you've done!

Ila said...

These are just Gorgeous!! I love the papers you've used!!