Friday, June 13, 2008

I LOVE Basic Grey!!!


Yesterday I was able to attend Sue's (Inky Images) monthly stamp camp where she provides all the materials (even adhesive!) to make 2 projects. Yesterday I went with Macarena and Sue had us make two adorable cards using SU! Tart-n-Tangy. I decided to go with her idea for end- of-the-year gifts for the teachers. Talk about being under pressure...the kindergarten ice cream social is Monday, and I need to bring ice cream, so I want to have all the teacher, teacher assistant, and speech therapist and occupational therapists gifts made (11 gifts total; and my favorite secretary is leaving too, so I want to include her as well). I always think I am going to get these done in advance, but I end up completing the night before.
All of these ladies are wonderful and I really can't thank them enough. Anyway, I don't even have DH's gift for Father's Day! And my tap dance rehersal is tomorrow and the recital is Sunday. ACK! I always get nervous...and I need to practice our routine. Fortunately the greeting cards are selling a little slow this month, right? I've checked Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and still 12 cards in Leesburg, 31 cards in McLean.
Well, when I returned from Sue's house, Erin (Greenberry's district manager) left a message for me to call. I called her back (she was @ Leesburg store today) and she said she needed birthday cards; a regular customer, John, who occasionally buys my cards but also enjoys just looking at them, was in today looking for a birthday card. I said, “there are two there; both feminine. Does he want a masculine card?” She said,” There are only four cards here; all Father’s Day.” ACK !ACK! ACK! So guess what I did last night...
I started with my Basic Grey "Oh, Baby Boy" dps. One of the girls who works at Greenberry's, Ashley, asked me to make a non-traditional card for her to give her dad for father's day. Ashley is very sweet, but NOT a girly-girl. She told me her dad is a rocket scientist. She wanted it to say "thinking of you" and nothing mushy. In the past the cards Ashley has purchased were all using BG papers, so I thought I'd start here. Once the card was designed and made ("Thinking of you" is a TLC rub-on) I went ahead and made the "happy birthday" with an SU! stem saying stamp.
I dropped these off at Greenberry's this morning, along with more of Tracy's graduation cards (http://smallsmackerels.blogspot.com/2008/06/graduation-cards.html) and father's day cards that Tracy and I both have made. When I got there at 7:45am, there were only 2 of my father's day cards left. Wendy said some lady (not a regular customer) came in and just bought up a whole bunch of cards yesterday :)
So now I am going to make a few more birthday cards (I think I'll use a SU! Simply Sent kit) to make some more feminine birthday cards to take to the Leesburg store. Then they should be set so I can panic over my recital, DH's gift, and the teacher gifts!
Next week, when the dust from this weekend settles, I hope to send out the blog candy from my blogoversary, write out my thank you cards from the girls' birthday, and hopefully make more cards so I don't get behind the eight ball again :)

3 comments:

Tracy said...

well those came out cute! i love that paper. i wanna hear what you made for the gifts! and i too havent made a fathers day card for the husband... i guess tomorrow it is! good luck w/the dance recital (what was this years costume? we want details!)

SmilynStef said...

I had a scrap of this paper out yesterday ... I may have to 'borrow' your idea ... these cards are great and really feature the DP wonderfully.

lauren bergold said...

i'm with tracy... (as always!) ...in wanting FULL DETAILS of the tap dancing, costumes, and so forth!!! (go june, go june, go june!)

and also...i'm with YOU in loving BG generally (YUM!) and with stef in loving these cards in particular!

see?! I am *completely* AGREEABLE! and yet somehow, people think i can't "go along and get along"??! go figure.