Saturday, June 21, 2008

Think PINK!

I saw the current "Think PINK!" Challenge at Caardvarks yesterday, and knew I had to make some baby girl cards. Caardvarks is a big motivator for me. Their challenges often inspire me to make something I might not ordinarily make, and it helps me build up my card stash to sell at Greenberry's. As of yesterday, my card stash was at ZERO. I know the McLean store will be needing more this week. I plan to go there Tuesday, so ***hopefully*** I can be a card making fool this weekend.

Both of these cards are made from scraps :) The gingham and polka dot papers are Doodlebug and the pink stripe is Me & My Big Ideas. The card base is DCWV. I also used dimensionals. Yeah, I used my Prismacolor silver paint pen again to edge. Can you tell I love it? I usually buy the Pilot brand. My gold Pilot is running low, and my silver ran out a year ago, when I made a slew of anniversary cards for Greenberry's. I usually only use the silver at Christmas and for anniversaries, but the gold I tend to use a little more frequently. Michael's had the Prismacolor, and I used a 50% off coupon so it was ~$2. Back to the cards...the pink ribbon was in my scrap ribbon jar. Kathryn snatched the second card to look at and wrinkled the dps, so I moved the baby stroller lower. I had to come up with something to fill the top left corner for balance. I used a foam stamp "Congrats!" and SU! "Pretty in Pink" ink. I added a DCWV brad to the exclamation point. I came down to post this blog entry, but perused all my favorite blogs first. By coincidence, my colleague, Amy Sheffer, is having a " 1 brad & 1 button" challenge on her "Our Creative Corner" blog. The card must contain at least 1 brad and 1 button. I purchased a package of two pink baby stroller gift cards from Michael's last week. They were on the clearance aisle and I thought I would cut off the back and use as a main image for a baby girl card. The cards were 2.5"x2.5". I already used both envelopes for the 2.5"x2.5" cards I made for the chipboard clipboard teacher gifts (June 16th post).



I made these last night to slowly build up my stash for the coffee shops :) Look familiar?



12 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh fantastic cards! ALL of them...love the colours! Thanks for playing along with us at the OCC!

Amy Sheffer said...

Hiya June!! I'm so glad your card fit with our challenge! I was wondering how you did that so fast, lol! I love how you used the brad on the exclamanation point -- too clever. And oh my, Greenberry's needs more cards, hopefully I can be a card-making fool this weekend too and bring you some on Monday!

Cindy Haffner said...

Sweet, love them.

SmilynStef said...

Yeah, I'm going to be looking for that paint pen at Michael's ... love your adorable cards ... and love even more that you have a place to sell them ... they are awesome.

Ingrid said...

Hey June, how are you? Your card creations are gorgeous as ever.

Stampin' Meg said...

These are so soft and pretty!

LeAnne said...

Very cute cards! TFS!
LeAnne

Kristie said...

Awesome cards...as usual! I am not surprised they've sold out...I bet the recipients of those beautiful handmade creations are eternally grateful to the person giving them that they didn't just buy a boring old Hallmark card!!

lauren bergold said...

you are TOO CLEVER, june houck!!!!!!!!!! i absolutely looooove these, especially the two top ones with their "baby quiltish" backgrounds and those adorable carriages!!! FAB!!!!!!!!

ChrissyM said...

I found your blog through OCC. Wow! What fantastic cards you make!!

Chrissy

Erum Tasneem said...

oqfLoooveeee em!

Tracy said...

makes you want to know someone who has had a little girl born to them so you can give them that card - soooooo adorable!