Friday, August 1, 2008

Celebrate SU! & Creative Imaginations & DCWV


These base cards are from my DCWV box (only 2 orange cards left in the box, 2 brown, 1 black, and 8 green; Michael's needs to put them on sale SOON!) All the rub-on sentiments are CI. I matted the SU! dps on DCWV from the Spring mat stack.

I purchased an SU! Simply Scrappin' kit as part of a "Lotsa Cards" class I took from Sue (Inky Images) in May 2007. We made 37 cards in that class! I DO NOT like these papers, but
Sue's cards were sweet and simple. Those 37 cards are long gone. I packaged most of them in acrylic boxes (4 cards & 4 envelopes) to give to the teachers & therapists for teacher appreciation week in May 2007.
But I still have scraps from that class. Did I mention I don't like these papers? It is difficult to get mojo on with supplies I don't like. But I really want to use up these papers and my DCWV card base choices are getting slim. Here was my chance to use up the dp and the orange cards. Then I saw this sketch on so many of my favorite blogs, and I knew it was the right sketch for these papers. Did I mention I don't like these papers? But you know what? I think these cards turned out really cute! So I still have a large piece of the stripe dp (~6 "x 12" ?) and some small scraps of the circle dp and 2 orange card bases. I am trying to come up with another sketch to either finish up the orange DCWV cards or this dp. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Cute card! I need to work on some simple "celebrate" cards for my markets. ;-)

Windy Hills said...

So cute! I like the three mounted squares. As always, the cards are very creative and imaginative.