Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happy Birthday, Cupcake :), part II


The picture came out a little blurry on the sentiment. Chalk it up to user error. I think I have the camera on the wrong setting again :)
I know I keep making cupcake cards with this cupcake stamp I purchased from Angela's Happy Stamper. I also purchased a sheet of 12"x 12" from her (this ice cream, popsicle, cupcake dp on the card...yes, you read correctly...I cut into a new sheet of paper!)
I had this idea to use my pink India paper for icing (it is handmade paper with a pearlescent sheen) and a red fabric brad for a cherry. I got the idea partially from my daughter, Kathryn, who is currently obsessed with making ice cream cones and putting cherries on top (with her play-doh or moonsand, not IRL). She noticed the cupcakes in the dp also have cherries on top, and that is how this card evolved. I had two solid red fabric brads from blog candy I won from Sarah's Creations last spring. I used brown cs for the base so that my cupcake matched the one showing on the dp. The sentiment is Imaginisce (also from Angela's). The base card seemed a little blah, so I used a background stamp and Memories dye-based ink "sand". I made two of these cards so I used up both solid red fabric brads in the package.
I am leaving for NC today to visit my bestest stamping & scrapbooking girlfriends. I will see them tomorrow! I will be staying with Kaye, but I will meet up with her at Martha's house tomorrow morning (I mentioned both of these wonderful friends in my blog entry yesterday). I can't wait!!! Other than being with my girls and dh, there is nothing better than time with great girfriends. I have a scrapbook page of me & my NC girlfriends I made ~4 years ago and this quote on it that sums up my feelings: "Sometimes I feel sorry for men and how empty their lives must be."
P.S. I love my loyal blog friends with the same passion :)


3 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Ooooh, is that red card stock? :-)

Kristie said...

That cake looks good enough to eat...mmmmm cake!
Have a great time with your friends...wish I could be there with you cause I think it would be AWESOME fun!!!

lauren bergold said...

i hope you are having a BLAST, girlfriend, you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO *deserve* it!!!

(ps: LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! but then, i don't think i've ever met the cupcake...crafty or IRL...that i *didn't* love...) :)