Thursday, August 14, 2008

Usin' Yuzen Scraps


I pulled out this Yuzen paper a while ago...do you recall it was in my "Papers By Catherine" I had never opened?...I found it matched well with these two burgundy cards by Magenta (5 1/4" x 7 1/4"). Yet I had no plan for the card. So it sat in a pile. Until now :)
I was going through my closet and found this lavendar Hero Arts textured cs and burgundy ribbon I bought at Camie's Paperie before it closed. I just needed some gold to set off the gold in the Yuzen (click on pic for a better look). The gold "paper" is by Magenta, but it is more like a fabric. This was also a package I had never opened! I layered the entire panel on dimensionals. Nice.
I made two cards, so I used up my two Magenta cards :) I still have some scrap of Yuzen, so I'll see if Laura and Kazan from 2 Sketches 4 You can help me out...

3 comments:

lauren bergold said...

oh wow! this is gorgeous! and that purple cs totally sets it off! well done!

Windy Hills said...

Beautiful, beautiful! You inspire me to do anything with your creativity. As long as I use your ideas as my canvas, I can make so many lovely cards. But somehow, they never look as good as yours. You work magic!

Leslie Hanna said...

Usin Yuzen ... har, har. But I do admire your ability to use scraps; unlike me, a total failure in that regard. Give me a piece of virgin card stock and I am home free! ;-)