Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I was inspired by my blog friend, Leslie Hanna ( aka The Crooked Stamper), to make these cards. See her card here.I used up a whole 5-pack of these Hero Arts specialty paper bamboo cards that have been collecting dust for 7 or 8 years :) I also **nearly** used up some Jolee vellum stickers (I used all of the butterflies in the package) that are equally as old. The hat pins, pearls, and clear bead are all from the SU! Pretties kit. The sentiments are all Class-A-Peels.
The hand-made paper is difficult to write on, so I scored and folded a half sheet of cs (8.5"x5.5"). The cards are a little larger than that, so it was a perfect fit. To "attach" the inside piece of scored cs to the bamboo base card, I punched two holes at the fold and used ribbon. The ribbons are all CTMH; also collecting dust, but only ~2 years old. I had to have the ink pads, papers, ribbons, and brads all coordinating (like SU!), but of course I rarely use them. I forget I even have them. So yea, ME! And a big thank you to you, Miss Leslie :)






2 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Oh, how pretty! I love that paper! NO, I do NOT need any, but I still can admire it from afar. ;-)

lauren bergold said...

oooooooooh! those butterflies are SO sweet! and what gorgeous paper...love the texture-y-ness of it! (yes, that is TOO a word!) (ok, it isn't really, but be a sport & go with it, ok?!) :)