Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Oh, Deer!


I went to post this card two days ago (well, one very similar to it anyway) and realized I had accidentally deleted the picture. Bummer! So I went to Greenberry's to cheer myself up with an cinnamon mocha shake. When I walked in Carrie, one of the barristas, says, "Oh, June! I am so glad you're here!" (It is nice to feel so warmly welcomed, isn't it?) Then she says, "My favorite card you brought in this week has sold. Will you make me one? I have a friend I want to send it to. It was the deer card." ACK!!!
I had made 5 of these "to a deer friend" and by the next day they were gone. I think they are cute, but I thought they would slowly dwindle for the rest of September/October. I told Carrie I had deleted my picture, but I would try to remember what I had done. I used October Afternoon dp, green Bazzill cs, ivory notecard stamped with the SU! linen background stamp in Memories sand ink, and the sentiment (A Muse) stamped in chocolate chip. The ribbon is a scrap. I used SU! punches and dimensionals behind the sentiment. I was able to get 4 more cards from that one sheet of 12x12 (it would have been 10 total, but one piece did not have an entire deer showing). Besides, I had exactly enough of the wide dark brown ribbon in my scrap jar to do these last four cards. I guess I should look for some at Michael's :)
I also noticed all my giant cupcake cards were gone too. Looks like I have my work cut out for me :)

3 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Ah, the sweet smell of success! I may have to steal your idea for this card. ;-)

Kristie said...

That's so cute! Told you those cupecake cards would sell like mad!!! Cupcakes are all the rage, you probably need to make like 20 of them....LOL!! Must feel good to have your card selling like that :)

Michele Kovack said...

This is darling!