Friday, November 7, 2008

From Scraps to Sketch...June Houck Style

I have this 12x12 We R Memory Keepers "Lilo Thoughts" among my autumn dps...I think I purchased ~5 years ago :) I used it with some coordinating "Lilo" WeRMK dps back then to make a thank you card. Until yesterday. Yesterday I randomly cut some sentiments from it.

You know the Wild Asparagus "I Love You" card from yesterday's post? I eked three cards from it, leaving two little rectangles & one small square of scrap. Those three little scraps inspired the following sketches of my very own :)

This was the first card. I am so happy with it! Sweet & simple. Very ME.


This one is just okay for me.




And I like this third card. Is my mojo back on? On this one I broke out my Nestibilities (square scallop) that my parents and dh gave me for my birthday a month ago today :) I've waited MONTHS for these babies. I saw so many cards that inspired me on various blogs and I would think, "If only I had Nesties!" Now I have them and couldn't make anything come together using them until now :) I popped up the square on dimensionals. All cs is Bazzill and the 3 card bases are all DCWV.
Make it a great day!

3 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Oooh, very nice! Yes, your Mojo is ON! :-)

Windy Hills said...

FABULOUS!! You have a great skill for taking a few scraps and creating beautiful cards. Seems like your techniques would make a very interesting book.

Beautiful...

lauren bergold said...

mojo definitively *ON* and in full working order, ma'am!!!

the 3rd card...with the nesties...is totally my fave of this group! just gorgeous and sophisticated and FAB!

(but yeah, i know what you mean re absolutely craving a particular supply...and then not knowing how or being able to use it, at least at first! o'course now that the spell is broken & you've used it...it'll be smooth sailing!)