Thursday, November 6, 2008

I Love You, Giant Cupcake

I cleaned up my Halloween dps and embellies and pulled out autumn papers. I was having trouble making anything come together in my head or coordinate with my DCWV card bases. (I was looking for quick & easy.) I found this one sheet of Wild Asparagus ds dp. It does not match perfectly with the pale yellow DCWV (you know I like perfectly coordinating papers...one of my Monkish qualities.) So I left a thinner border...less than 1/8". The blue is the opposite side of the floral dp. I used a scrap piece of the WA dp for the tag (a QuicKutz die). I wish now I had cut the corners of the floral dp to coordinate with the tag, but I glued it down good. I tried to use my Un-du, but the paper wanted to tear. Oh well. I found this pale yellow ribbon in my CTMH stash. The brown rub-ons (tag outline and sentiment) are QuicKutz icings.


How did I do trying to channel Lauren? I scribble doodled with my CM black marker.
The dps are from my Cloud 9 Design pack. Hey, it is still sitting on my table...I might as well use it...easier than trying to find a place to put it away :)
The mustard and dark red cs are both Bazzill. The white card base is DCWV. For the Hb sentiment I used SU punches and stamp. The chocolate brown mini brads are American Crafts from ACMoore.

3 comments:

Kristie said...

LOL...love the title! I love that giant cupcake too...still keeping my fingers crossed we get it here!
Love the doodling too....you did an awesome job with that...I'd be too scared I'd mess it up to do it, so well done!

Leslie Hanna said...

How pretty - both of them! That first one is definitely my style! I get the patterned paper and card base all matched up, then I get stuck. You did a fine job finishing it off!

lauren bergold said...

best.
blogpost.
title.
EVER!
(♥fact♥)

ok, so i'm scrolling down and i see the first card with the ribbon and sentiment and i think, "oooh pretty!" and then i see said outsized confectionary and i think, "oh WOW that is fabulous!!!" before reading your text and realizing that you were inspired by...ahem...me. so i think this means:

a) you did a realllllllly good job "channelling lauren"...and also...

b) lauren is a raging egomaniac!!!!!!!!!!!!