Monday, December 15, 2008

Something Old, New, Borrowed, & Blue


I'm back! And I've actually made a little bit of stuff to show you. I know I have been conspicuously absent in November & December, but I have stuff to show you. So, PLEASE come back tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, 'cause I've finally been makin' stuff! I actually thought I'd forgotten how to make a card, but I made 6 of these just this morning. It was 3 am and I couldn't sleep, so I got up to make cards and it feels SO GOOD :)
Something old: The shimmery silver paper used on this card. I actually had to blow the dust off of it. A lot of dust. Gross. I feel confident this paper had not been used in over 5 years.
Something new: I have never made a Hannukkah card before! Nope, not for my Jewish friends or even to sell at Greenberry's. For them I've always done blue and silver and a "Happy Holidays", "Let it Snow", or "Warm Winter Wishes".
Something Borrowed: This SU! stamp set (the sentiment). My lovely friend Vicky brought this over to my house and I asked if I could borrow it.
Something Blue: The ribbon, ink, and cs layer.
I don't own the Spellbinders Rectangle Nestibilities...yet. I feel confident that Mrs. Claus is reminding Santa that no self-respecting card-making papercrafter should be without the supplies she loves and is inspired to use ;0
I actually used my SU! scallop border punch. Not nearly as nice as a rectangle Nestie...
Santa, if you are reading this, I have been VERY good this year!

3 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Oooh, you did such a nice job on your corners with the scallop punch!

lauren bergold said...

for a minute i thought you was gettin' married...and i wondered..."does LHDH know about this?!?!!" so phew! hannukkah cards...verrrrrrrry awesome...as is usin' old stuff WITH the new stuff to make FAB STUFF!!!!!!!!! :)

ps: my word veri is "NESTU"...i am not kidding...it is A SIGN!!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Long time, no see, sweetie! Love the white embossed snowflakes! I left a note for you on my blog post yesterday :)