Monday, February 23, 2009

Hello There, Kristie and Corie!

My blog friend, Corie, has inspired me with her gorgeous coloring using Sharpies. I love to color and find it therapeutic. I e-mailed her, and Corie told me Bic also makes markers. Of course I went to Staples the next day and bought a set of 36 markers for $19.99. This was my first attempt using my Bics. Not a keeper. I cut out the branch and leaves since it stamped so nicely.

I have this one sheet of Basic Grey Urban Prairie that I have not been able to bring myself to cut. But then I saw Kristie's "Love them" tag book. Kristie inspired me! (Michael's has the entire Basic Grey Urban Prairie 12x12 pad on sale this week, but I am being strong...)

I paper pieced the bird from the BG dp. All the cs I used is SU! I could not find a ribbon to coordinate, so I made some faux ribbon (more Old Olive cs). What do you think...good salvage?

4 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Cute birds, of course! BG is ON SALE?!?!?!?! My heart be still! I will definitely NOT be going to Angela's this weekend, then, as I would be so tempted to drive up to the next light and hit Mike's. NOT gonna do it ... :-)

Kristie said...

I am sooooo proud of you for cutting into that paper ;) The card turned out absolutely gorgeous!!!! It's always that first cut that's the hardest to make....lol! If that paper was on sale here I'd probably go and stock up on enough to last me for the rest of my life!!! But I do have some scraps left over from the mini book that I intend to make into cards for some special BG loving friends later this week....wonder who might get one????

lauren bergold said...

HA!!!!!!!! i saw your comment the other day on k's blog...wondered how long it'd take for ya to make the leap...WELL DONE, a record speed i feel! & to what FABULOUS advantage!!!!!!!! beeeeeautiful coloring...beeeeeeautiful card!!! ♥

Heather said...

Lovely card - great choice of papers for the image and well done on your paper piecing.
Thanks for joining in at BG this week.
hugs Heather xx