Thursday, April 2, 2009

Butterfly Alcohol Ink Card-- The Sweetest Thing


Thanks to my Design Diva friend, Deanna, I am in love with Karen Giron's blog, The Sweetest Thing. She has a sketch challenge this week found here. I had this one last stamped image I made a couple of weeks ago with alcohol inks. I am creating too many little piles again in my craft room, so it was time to clean it up a bit before I get big piles :) I decided to try to make this butterfly image work with Karen's sketch.
Recipe:
Cardstock: Bazzill: purple and black; Wal-Mart: white
Designer paper: Magenta
Brads: Making Memories
Sentiment: Basic Grey rub-on
Ribbon: JoAnn's
Punches: Stampin' Up!

7 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Ah, I remember small piles o'stuff. Now I have The Heap. Ugh. Good for you to use the pieces while you can still see the table top.

Pretty card, btw. Enjoy your trip!

Girlsinthecraft said...

June, I love it! All those pieces you made at the alcohol ink party are working out sweet! You just have the perfect eye for putting it together on something. Good luck in the challenge. I just love her stuff too. And she's a SU rep!............d

Amy Sheffer said...

Gorgeous, June! Love those colors!

Karen Giron said...

It works perfectly! I love that you stamp things and keep them around - now I know I'm not the only one who does that, :)
Beautiful card!

Kristie said...

This is just gorgeous June....mmmm, love butterflies in any colour, but these soft blues are rather soothing. Another Simply Elegant card :)

Windy Hills said...

Congratulations! We always new you are a winner. Love the card--you sure know how to pull the elements of a card together.

lauren bergold said...

oooooooooh! this is REALLLLLLLY pretty and so *FANCY*!!! (was the alcohol ink card the one with the AMAZING background and the silver charm on the last page??! that is fabulous, as well!)

yikes. between you & stef & leslie y'all are gonna *MAKE* me start learnin' techniques at some point, aren't ya?! :) :) :)