Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Cuttlebug Spot Challenge # 26: Shape It!


This week's challenge at The Cuttlebug Spot is to make a card that is not a square nor a rectangle. I immediately thought of this wonderful cat stamp by Stampa Rosa. I broke out my new 6x6 Basic Grey Ambrosia paper pad. I stamped the mouse twice on the grey paper in the Ambrosia collection (and cut him out twice.) Then I stamped the entire stamp on the Ambrosia orange pattern paper. I glued the orange cat to white cardstock, and ran it through the D'Vine Swirls Cuttlebug embossing folder. Then I glued the cat to a white A2 card, and cut it out in the shape of the cat. I glued one mouse flush with the orange patterned paper, then popped up the second one with a Stampin' Up! dimensional.

7 comments:

Girlsinthecraft said...

How darling is that?!?! What a cute idea for a shape. Great execution----another winning card June!!...............deanna

Kristie said...

That is sooooo cute!!! I love that idea, and that cat with it's little mouse is just adorable ♥

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! Your card is wonderful! You really rocked this weeks challenge! Well done! Thanks for joining us again June. :)

Nilda Rockenbach said...

very creative shape card. thank you for participating in the challenge at the Cuttlebug Spot

Kruemel said...

This card is so creative! Love the shape and how you layered the mouse. Too cute!
Thanks for playing with us this week!

Cuttlehugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Cassie said...

oh my - this card is soo adorable! How big is he??? you've got me thinking me now of what stamps do i own that i can do this technique with???

Love the Basic Grey cards above too! That Ambrosia collection is so yummy isn't it? Our local stamp club did black, white and silver ATC's 2 months ago and we were talking the other day about what a pretty and elegant combo it is and we should do it again!

p.s. your word verification for me is: colin. Which is my uncle's name. and the name of my cabbage patch doll - do you remember those? too funny!

lauren bergold said...

OMG!!! what a darling & adorable kitteh!!! i love the way you've used that patterned paper...and the embossed swirls...and those cute, CUTE miiiiiiiiice!!! :)