Friday, July 10, 2009

Be Inspired # 40 - Sketch

Cuttlebug Challenge blog has a sketch challenge this week. Yep, Maggie added a voting poll to the blog, and followers voted for sketch challenges. So perhaps once/month she will have a sketch challenge. This sketch was a challenge for me because I did not know how I was going to work the ribbon across the sentiment/image. I went through my drawers of stamps and found this stamp "Floating Softly" by Stamps Happen, Inc. I have had this stamp for at least 8 years and never used it. I saw her hands balancing her body, and decided she wanted to balance on the ribbon. I used an Xacto knife to cut around her right hand and slid the ribbon under her hand. I colored her with colored pencils. It did not show up in my picture well, but I have a layer of acetate over the stars decorative paper, and I embossed both with my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder.

Give the sketch a try; I can't wait to see what you come up with! I am heading over to my 'bug DT sisters' blogs (on my right side bar) now to see their creations :)

Happy Wednesday!

Recipe:
embossing folder: Swiss Dots
decorative paper: BasicGrey Oh Baby Boy!
star brads, ribbon, blue cardstock: Stampin' Up!

20 comments:

Katarina said...

Just saw your card on the cuttlebug blog and had to visit you to tell you that your card is fab! Love how you made the hand go outside of the ribbon. It's such a great image I'm glad you kept it simple. I'd love to get my hands on this stamp or the other ones from this line.
Hugs

PS I think I'll give this sketch a try :)

lauren bergold said...

ooooooooooooooh! and also, AHHHHHHHH! june, i am LOVING this...the layered background...the beautiful coloring...the cut-out hands on the ribbon(!)...just everything about it is fun and fanciful and ♥FABULOUS♥!!!

Girlsinthecraft said...

Wow, what a cute stamp. All the detail June!!! Just love how 'soft' it feels..........deanna

Windy Hills said...

The details that you added make this card spectacular! Way to go!

Jenn K said...

Fantastic card!! Love that stamp!

danni reid. said...

love the image placement with the hand overlapping the ribbon, what a whimsical & beautiful card!!!

Karen said...

So beautiful!! Love the stamp image and the soft look with all the layers!

Hugs,
Karen

Unknown said...

June, this is absolutely magical! I am in love with this creation of yours!

(-: Heidi

stampmonkey said...

Great job with the sketch, and I love the whimsical feel of this card. Very creative to make her look like she's balancing on the ribbon. ;)

Ewonne said...

What an amazing card! You did such a great job with the sketch!

Anonymous said...

Your card is `Beautiful` June:)..TFS
Enjoy the rest of your week:) x

Kathy Jones said...

Oooh this is so pretty!!!! Love that image and your beautiful colouring!! :)

Deb said...

Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous!!! I love this card, beautiful detail June!! You always make such creative things with the sketch challenges :-)

Kristie said...

This is so adorable...I love that stamp and I think pencil was the perfect way to get a soft & dreamy look to it. Just gorgeous ♥

Nathalia Castellon said...

This is soooo sweet June! I love how you have her hand resting over the ribbon and those lovely brads on each corner! :)

Anonymous said...

Woooooo weeee! That is STUNNING!! You chose a perfect stamp and I just adore what you did with her hand!!

2muchpaper said...

This card is so inspiring! Placing the ribbon across the card adds great dimension! I will be watching for your cards...

Kard Queen said...

I couldn't resist commenting on your card. It is precious and am so glad that your talents are being recognized on the design team. Go girl!

Alysabeth said...

Lovely card:o) The brads are great!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

SO sweet! That stamp is super cute & you rocked that sketch. Hope you're having a great weekend. :O)