Thursday, July 2, 2009

Enabler Alert! Core'dinations card stock...

I had a couple of errands to run yesterday and while I was out I needed to buy more adhesive with my 40% coupons. I stopped in at JoAnn's, grabbed my adhesive, and was headed towards the register when I noticed their 12 x12 card stock is 16 cents per sheet this week. I normally ignore this aisle, but I need kraft card stock now that it is back in vogue. No luck finding it, but I noticed some open stock paper I knew was not Bazzill nor DCWV, and it was...Core'dinations!!! Can you believe it? I grabbed 3 sheets...I know, big spender, right? I just wanted to try it out, and JoAnn's has a rainbow of colors in this amazing paper. I try not to buy online unless I can't buy it at Michael's, JoAnn's, ACMoore, or Hobby Lobby with a 40% coupon, and even then it needs to be a good price. So I have resisted the urge to buy Core'dinations, and now I can get it anytime I want, and just 2 miles from my house. Wahoo!!!

This is my first card using Core'dinations (check 'em out..."Black Magic" is particularly scrummy!) If you are not familiar with it, this is why it is so special: the core is not the same color (like Bazzill) nor is it white (like DCWV). It comes in varied colors. So just sand or tear it to unveil the yummy colors hidden beneath the texture. I sanded the papers to reveal the core color.

My base card (red) is DCWV; the easel is a 3D sticker by Make it Special (Dollorama); the sentiment is CTMH; and the circle, scallop circle, and dimensionals are all Stampin' Up!

16 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Well, this fab alert is too late for me. I caved and bought my Core'dinations stash online. I got several of the black collections, and the Whitewash is on its way to me now. I think I may need to post a "here is all my new stuff" post one of these days! Ugh.

Rebekah Williams said...

Very pretty! I like the soft texture!

Just Call Me Grammy said...

I had heard of Core'dinations but didn't know what made it so special and certainly didn't know it was a JoAnn's. My J's is small and doesn't carry alot, but it is worth a try! Thanks for the heads up.

Alysabeth said...

Okay seriously that easel is too precious. What a fabulous idea thats been well executed:o)

Chris said...

Hi June, I hope you know that you've started yourself on a terrible addicition with Core'dinations card :D. I love it and use it a lot but you're so lucky that you can get it with a 40% coupon, I'm pea green with envy! Love your card and all the texture looks wonderful. Hugs, Chris

Windy Hills said...

You are the "40% off queen." Amazing card and beautifully adorned. Another great job!

Kard Queen said...

Oh boy--you did it again! Great finds and great coordination of your supplies. Your work is an inspiration.

Girlsinthecraft said...

Okay, so I ran out and got some already!! My mind is a tickin' with projects for it. I am so jealous you already got a card done w/it!! Can't wait to finish up mind and post.

Love how you made it a cafe shop curtain; love the sign for coffee---all of it is too cute!.........d

Unknown said...

This turned out beautifully June! I just love Core'dinations!

(-: Heidi

Deb said...

Ooooh, love the paper!! We don't have a Joanne's in Canada, boo hoo for me. Only Michael's..... Might make a trip to the States this summer, and guess where I'll be going!!

Love this card June, its really really pretty!

Kristie said...

Ah, now that's really not fair!!! I have been sooooooo good not to cave and buy this stuff....now you have to go and show me how cool it is all over again!
I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong....
PS: your card is totally awesome ♥

LaurieF said...

Love your card June and that paper is awesome!

Kathy Jones said...

Lovely card - the embossing on the core'dinations looks great.

AlienAnessa said...

I absolutely stinkin' love this card!!! It's seriously just delicious and inviting to ogle! =)

stampmonkey said...

OMGoodness, June!! This card is absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE all the texture on this card, and that color combo is so rich! I'm glad you told us the easel is a sticker or I'd have been online searching for that image till I turned blue. lol Thanks for all the enabling in this post. ;)

Kruemel said...

Great find on the paper! I love to use this.
Love the look of your card - that coredinations really gives it the perfect finish and your way of distressing it is wonderful. And you used just my colors...LOL

Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel