Monday, August 31, 2009

A bunch of "thanks a bunch!" + blog candy

A neighbor is having her first baby and she had a huge shower in PA (last week on August 23rd). She needed 50 thank you notes for the shower gifts. She contacted me a month ago and she had a picture of a very similar card she saw on SCS. I couldn't find it myself, so I don't know who to credit with the design. (If you know, tell me, and I will happily edit my post!) The original had designer paper where I have the Real Red card stock Cuttlebug embossed with Swiss Dots. I practiced my water coloring using reinkers, then markers, then my SU! friend, Sue, loaned me her SU! water color crayons. I had never tried them, but they are easy to work with! I may be investing in these...
I was not a fan of the sock monkey, and I expected to really not like him after making 50 cards. (I usually prefer my one-of-a-kind cards.) But you know what? I like him! He is pretty cute. I will be delivering these tonight. Phew!
And now for some blog candy from my friend, Tara. She will ship anywhere in the world, so head on over to Happily Ever Crafting to enter.

Happy Monday!

10 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

I never liked (excuse me, 'appreciated') the sock monkey, so I did not buythat set. Ugh, 50 of these? They ARE cute, but for someone else. I'd make them for someone else.

Nice coloring job, by the way. And yes, the crayons are super! I have the original set of all 48 plus teh separate Neutrals, but now you can buy the 48s by color family. Much more reasonable that way.

Amy Sheffer said...

I agree with you, June ... I'm not a fan of the sock monkey, but you've made him look really cute! Fifty???? That's a lot of monkeys and bananas!

Jenny V. said...

You did a great job making the image of the sock money cute. Wow 50 cards. Love the colors, it goes well with the image. TFS. Have a great day!

Jenny

Tara said...

Blimey June, you made 50 of these? You must be exhausted, lol! You did a great job anyway and I love the monkey image ;o)
Thanks for spreading the word about my candy.
Hugs Tara xx

stampmonkey said...

I like monkeys but never was too excited about this li'l guy. You did make a really cute thank you, though...and I'm totally impressed that you made SO many, especially when it wasn't particularly your taste. I'm sure your friend will love them. tfs

Deb said...

June, he's adorable!! Very cute cards!! My downline gave me her Sock Monkey stamp set! Its never seen ink; she ordered it and then decided she really didn't like it at all! So now its mine and I still haven't used it either. I will try the watercolour crayons on him/her though, sounds like a great way to colour in the monkey!
The 50 cards look great, I'm sure she'll love them!! I love the Swiss dotted background for texture, its perfect!! And you cut out all those bananas too! Oh my goodness!!!! :-)

Silli said...

June, your card is so funny. The image is so cute. I love the colors... Hugs and happy day. Silke

Chrissie said...

What a load of hard work. I'm sure your friend will be delighted.
Chrissie

Kim Costello said...

Wow June so much work they all look so professional and the Sock Monkey is super cute! I was given a fab sock monkey for Dillon when he was small, a friend hand made it and that was the only time I liked them too, I could so imagine him paper pieced he'd be so fun! HuGs Kim :)

MadonnaDunn said...

GORGEOUS!!! Love it June!! He does tend to have his own little personality doesn't he??!!