Sunday, September 20, 2009

2 Cards 2day 4 a sketch challenge at Caardvarks


My friend and Cuttlebug Challenge DT sister, Heidi, designed a sketch for the current Caardvarks' Sketchfest challenge.

This is the first Halloween card I have made this season! I used a glittery rub-on I purchased after Halloween last year at Michael's when they were on clearance. The papers are K&Co. The border punch is Martha Stewart (I finally bought this particular punch last month.) The sentiment, "Things have not been the same since that house fell on my sister" is computer generated.

My second card is an image sent to me by blog friend, Chris Dark. I used BasicGrey June Bug papers. I colored Tilda from top to bottom. I was really happy with her top and frock until I got to her stockings. The stamped pattern was different than her sleeves, and using the red and yellow didn't look right. So I added the blue...eek! This is definitely a "less is more" situation. I decided to put the plaid BG paper on the bottom half of the card hoping to make those awful stockings less noticeable. Today I was blog surfing and saw the same Tilda on Martine's card. She colored the sleeves and stockings in one color. Yep, that's what I should have done. Oh well :)

22 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Love the sentiment with that fun haunted house ... and what a great use of that dripping goo punch ... fantastic sketch design.

Girlsinthecraft said...

Wow, you caught the Halloween bug! I'm lovin' it! The Haunted House is great and love the border punch effect. Sentiment is way too cute!

Linda Brun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda Brun said...

Love the haunted house card :-)

Tilda might have started a new fashion trend with those stockings.. I thought they where special and nice.

Linda

Ginger B said...

Love the cards

Unknown said...

Love your creepy haunted house with that fabulous drippy goo June! So fun!

Your Tilda is beautiful! I don't think her tights look bad at all!

(-: Heidi

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

The haunted house is way cool! Love it.

BrendaB said...

I just LOVE that haunted house card - such a great sentiment, LOL!

I think your Tilda is cute - love her patterned socks!

Unknown said...

Your haunted house is so cool!

dstandard said...

LOVE these cards - they are just adorable! The stamping work is just amazing!

Kelly Booth said...

Perfect....Love both cards!!

Kay said...

Such a CUTE haunted house!! Your coloring is amazing. I LOVE Tilda and I think she is perfect! Good luck at Caardvarks! I was SO happy to see you there!! ♥♥ Kay

Amy Sheffer said...

Adorable, June! Love the fun haunted house and funny sentiment, and I think Tilda's stockings look just fine!!

Jana said...

Both of these cards are great. Love the house. Tilda is just adorable.

Tracy said...

love the halloween card sweetie. that is a cool rubon! and i've eyed that drippy martha punch and talked myself out of it... i shouldn't have LOL! looks great on your card. tilda... i love plaid but those tights would make my calves look HUGE LOL! (we wont disscuss the thighs....) She doesnt have that problem :-)

lauren bergold said...

HA!!! ok, that is my favorite sentiment EVER...and you have used it SOOOOO brilliantly on your gorgeous haunted house card!!!

(i love the tilda one too, actually; i think her stockings look cool...and in any case, you're quite right that the plaid completely minimizes her bottom half...maybe *I* should start sitting on some plaid...hmmmm...) :)

Windy Hills said...

Great cards! Beautifully done!

Jenn Biederman said...

Love the Halloween card, June! I love the haunted house too...great coloring! Thanks for playing along at Caardvarks & good luck!

AlienAnessa said...

Holy smokes, these cards are fantastic!!! That Halloween one rocks m' socks!! =)

Jaspere said...

These are just fabulous. Love that punch...I seriously need one and soon *LOL*

Steph Zerbe said...

Very cool. I have been eyeing that MS punch too. It looks awesome!

Nathalia Castellon said...

For your first Halloween card of the season you sure did a perfect job! I laughed so hard with that sentiment! I'm seriously lifting it! :)