Friday, January 29, 2010

Drink Coaster Calendars, versions 5 & 6


You may know that I ambitiously planned to make 20 of these desk calendars last August to give as teacher gifts for Christmas. My fingers have been hard at work this week and I now have completed 15 of the 20. The good news is I took them to school yesterday and gave them all out. (Phew! I made it before the end of January!) I really don't know who to make the other 5 for, and my fingers need a rest (those jump rings are tough!)

My tutorial is here with versions 1 & 2, including where to buy the post-it note calendars. I used my Cuttlebug Flourished Frame embossing folder around the calendar. I purposely have tried to use up SU papers that I don't have much of (make room for more, right?) Also, versions 3 & 4 are here.

We are off to sunny Florida for some warm weather and to visit family for the long weekend (it is the end of the second quarter; no school on Monday for a teacher workday.) It is very cold here and a couple of inches of snow are expected; we are leaving just in time to miss it :)

See you next Wednesday for another fabulous Cuttlebug Challenge blog challenge!

14 comments:

Windy Hills said...

What a lovely gift and how thoughtful. You are the BEST!

lauren bergold said...

well i quite love that you've made these in bits, so that there are different versions and papers & tweakings of the design! they are really SUCH a fabulous gift to give, also. you ROCK the realm of cleverness, missus--as well as creativity! ♥

have a safe/fruitful/GREAT trip...and if you can possibly swing it...bring us back some o' that lovely floridian weather, k?! ;)

Silli said...

What a wonderful gift, love both calendars...Love the papers... This is very pretty my dear!!! Hugs and happy weekend...

Kay said...

Awesome gift idea June. I know the teachers must LOVE them! Thank you for the tutorial!

Have a wonderful weekend in Florida. I'm so jealous because it's FREEZY cold here, too!! ♥♥ Kay

Chrissie said...

These are fabulous June, what dedication making all those beautiful gifts!
I like your new picture too! You have a lovely smile, makes me want to smile right back!
Chrissie

Leslie Hanna said...

I admire your stick-to-it-iveness! Very nicely done!

stampmonkey said...

Your coaster calendar pages are so pretty --love the embossed detail under the calendars and the other embellishments on the pages opposite the calendar as well. I'm sure the recipients will enjoy these all year long...including what's left of January! ;)

Hope you have a safe and fun trip to FL this weekend.

Linda Brun said...

You are really doing a great job with thos calendars. Have a safe journey and a sunny break in Florida.
Hugs

Deb said...

These are really pretty June, thank you very much for sharing the tutorial!!! I'm impressed how you're just rolling along with them, wow!! I'm envious you are going to Florida, yeah for you! I'm heading off to Eastern Canada, which will be exciting, but certainly not balmy or warm or have any palm trees either... :-)

Kathy Jones said...

What a wonderful idea for calendars!!!! Love all your detailing!!!

Corie said...

WOW -- love these, so FANTASTIC

Anjou Krelovich said...

Congratulations June! I'm sure all the recipients LOVED them.

Susan (rainy) said...

What a wonderful and thoughtful gift for a teacher. These are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

These are fab projects what great gifts TFI:)x