Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Faux embossing technique

We challenge you to faux emboss on your card, LO, or other paper craft project at Betty Bee's Buzz. Link your creation to be eligible for our monthly blog candy....yum!

I made this card due to triple inspiration from Creating Keepsakes, Paper Crafts, and Betty Bee. The front covers of the current issues of CK magazine and Paper Crafts magazine enabled me :) I love the faux embossing on the cover of CK magazine and the card on the cover of Paper Crafts magazine. It was our Queen Bee herself, Mizz Betty, who inspired me to create "stripes" (faux embossing technique).

I found this sheet of double-sided paper and I knew it would become my wall paper. The border is flocked ribbon from the dollar bins at Michael's. I mentioned last week that I am in love with my cricut...the chair and chandelier are from the French Manor cartridge. My sentiment is created from an SU punch and American Crafts rub-on alphas (Katie font.) I popped up the chair with foam tape and added Heidi Swapp gems to the chandelier. Should this be my valentine for my dh?

8 comments:

Girlsinthecraft said...

Wow, stunning card June! Love the picture. All the special touches give it such elegance. In light of your recent house remodel I think this would be a perfect Valentine for your hubby!

Kay said...

Gorgeous, June! So classy, elegant and chic! The chandelier is amazing and I adore the "wall" treatment. Wow, this is stunning! ♥♥ Kay

Shauna K said...

cute!! i looove the faux "chair rail" SUCH a cool effect- and the gems on the lamp- lovely!!

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

I love the chair rail, too! That's actually what caught my eye, first. Great color combination, too!

Anonymous said...

I've been in here several times, now time to stop and love!! This is so stinkin' cool, I'm not even kidding that it's one of my faves!! That chandelier with the bling - fantastic!!!!

lauren bergold said...

speakin' of ENABLAGE, missus! holllllllllllly molllllllllllly i am gonna need a cricut and i'm gonna need it **NOW**!!! i love♥LOVE♥lOOoOoove
EVERY.
SINGLE.
THING.
about this amazingly elegant card! (WOW!!!) (♥♥♥!)

Anonymous said...

Just needed to tell you again how gorgeous this one is!!! It is so stinkin charming that I scroll down to gaze at it, often!!!!

Dria said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

I just LLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVE the colors you chose and i think its so stinkin awesome