Sunday, February 6, 2011

Tie one on! (A ribbon, that is...)

Happy Monday! This week our HoneyBee inspiration for you is to use ribbon in a creative way. I had the idea for this card in my head, but I was not sure how it might evolve. I wanted to cut the heart out on my cricut machine (though you could use a punch, die or cutting template.) I got my cricut machine almost 3 months ago and I have had fun learning how to use it via both trial & error on my part and Betty Bee's expert advice!

My complete tutorial to cut an aperture on your cricut and/or how to make this card here at Betty Bee's Buzz. I hope you will check it out...I like this idea for using up ribbon scraps OR using neglected ribbon in my stash :)

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a sweet card...great use of ribbons! Happy Monday!

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

Rrrrrrrrribbon! Something I own in embarrassingly large quantities. I should dig into my "can't bear to throw this away" pile and USE some of it. :)

2muchpaper said...

Oh how pretty your card is. This is a creative way to use up all those bits and pieces of ribbon.

Just Call Me Grammy said...

I really, really like this card. Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Holy jeebus, that is a fantastically GENIUS way to use ribbons, and all I'VE ever come up with looked campy and tackville...

I LOOOOOOOOOVE THIS!!!! Absolutely cute/classy IMHO!! <3 <3

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is so sweet, and you are so creative!!!

Julie M said...

Oh that's pretty, June - I love the contrast between the clean white and the patterned ribbon.

I've left you a little something on my blog!!

Julie x

colour cartridges said...

The post that you have made over here is really nice and it is interesting as well. The picture that you have shared is looking really nice and cool.

lauren bergold said...

ooooooooh! not only do i LOVE THIS (which i do!) but the especially even-more-super-cool thing is that this is NOT a ribbon-scrap heart ON TOP of a card (which'd still be FAB!) ...oh noooo... this is a ribbon-scrap heart SET INTO a card!!!!!!!!! YEOOOOOOOOOWZAAA! ♥♥♥