Monday, August 6, 2012

Masculine Funday Birthday/WWIT

  A walk down memory lane...when I began shopping at scrapbook stores for patterned papers to create my cards and LOs (circa 2003), Making Memories was the most well-known scrapbook paper manufacturer to me.  Their collections included polka dots, solids, stripes, watercolor, plaid, sponge, speckle, etc.  They also had eyelets and twistel to coordinate.  Yes, I had to have them all.  Does anyone else remember this?  By 2004 I also got hooked on Doodlebug, My Mind's Eye, BasicGrey...since then even more new paper companies have emerged and my hoarding has spun further out of control.

  I rarely use that twistel now (or eyelets; I prefer brads).  Twistel is kind of like raffia, but not exactly.  Anyway, I was perusing my 6x6 paper pads and I realized that my My Mind's Eye Funday papers have not been used recently...and for some reason I purchased a lot of those kraft-y papers... I was going for a masculine birthday card, so I wanted to avoid ribbon.  But the card needed a little something, and I went digging through my fibers bin for some twistel.  I uttered a mental groan:  why do I have sooooooo many fibers?  I have at least six fibers in greens, blues, yellows; I had to have every color of those too.  Sigh.  WWIT?  (What was I thinking?)  And a single 6x6 pad can make TONS of cards...why did I need two of the Funday pads?  Don't get me wrong, I *LOVE* My Mind's Eye, but they continually produce new collections that I fall in love with...probably best if I just pick one favorite and enjoy it...

  I was inspired to create this card from the current challenge at Shopping Our Stash:  WWIT?
Simple.  Done.  Shopped my WWIT stash :)

Supplies:
paper:  My Mind's Eye "Funday"; black card stock
sentiment:  My Pink Stamper "Girlie Doodles" (ironic, isn't it?)
border punch:  Fiskars
twistel:  Making Memories

Happy Monday!

10 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Perfect man card!!! Love that paper...I know I have that somewhere! Lee-Ann :)

Anonymous said...

Oh lordy lady!! I had no idea what that stuff is called but I bought a ton of it in green!!! LOL What a perfect masculiny card!

jimlynn said...

I'd never heard of Twistel - but love it on this card! So very pretty and the DP is just awesome too.
Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash.
Lynn

Deena said...

well, at least kraft colours have come full circle in popularity, so you can have your own gorgeous trendy cards and everyone saying, where did you get that paper??? I always love your projects though, so what can I say? another great one...

Leslie Hanna said...

And a fine job you did, too! I've never even heard of twistel - probably a good thing, though I may or may not have the same fiber collection you do. *ahem*

lauren bergold said...

HA! i hear ya, sister! i just made a card with MM papers & ribbon and as i typed the product list, i thought, "will anyone even KNOW who that IS anymore??!?!" (but i STILL LIKE the stuff, so there!!!)

as for funday, it is AWESOME and supremely practical and you WILL use it at some point... & as you have so brilliantly proven right here... it will be ♥FAB♥U♥LOUS♥!!!

Missy said...

Great manly card, the papers are perfect for it---and I agree with MME coming out with too much fabulous stuff.....and Echo Park....Doodlebug....Imaginisce....the list just grows on.....

Rose said...

perfect male card :)
oh yes MME has way to much out that i want/need right now!!!

CarlaKH said...

so cute! Believe it or not, I have never seen twistel! Thanks for stopping by!

bonnie said...

Fabulous manly card sweetie love this!! Xx