Friday, September 28, 2012

Button & stamp tip: Bling it on!

   My mom came to visit Tuesday & Wednesday this week.  She asked me to re-create a card she saw, but she did not have a picture of the card.  She told me it was in peach and brown, white card base, brown mat, cross-hatch dry-embossed peach mat, top note in brown, top note in white, with a peach flower and green ribbon.

  I went to my Stampin' Up! (SU) card stock pile and chose chocolate chip with cameo coral.  I cut my layers (I used my Cricut "Elegant Edges" cartridge for the top note layers) and embossed the coral with my SU "Square Lattice" embossing folder.  Then I went to one of my favorite SU stamps and colored the rubber with my SU markers.  Then I went to my brown ribbons scrap jar and found this SU ribbon.  (My blog friend Leslie sent me her ribbon scraps, which I sorted by color...thanks, Leslie!)  then I went in search of a sentiment.  My image made me feel like Spring and new beginnings.  I found this My Pink Stamper sentiment in the "Never Give Up" stamp set.  I added SU pearls to the center of each flower.

New technique tips I learned from Jennifer McGuire:

  • add tiny pearls to your button rather than thread or twine (I like this!)
  • the stamp stem actually ends at the top of the ribbon.  I wanted it to come below the ribbon, so I drew a tiny stem below the ribbon with my marker.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:

  1. Young Crafters Unite:  Learning is Fun!
  2. Stamptacular Sunday Challenge:  Bling it On!
  3. Crafty Ribbons:  Anything But a Square
Happy Friday!

18 comments:

Julie M said...

Very pretty card, June - lovely warm colours. I do like those pearls on the button, it's a nice touch, isn't it? Must file that idea away for future use!! Loving your wine tag and ladybird card in the previous posts too.

Julie xx

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty...just love this one!! Lee-Ann :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the colors and loving that sentiment!!!!!

Shannon Colon, TheIrishScrapper said...

This came out great! I can see why ur mom wanted it recreated. Love the colors and sentiment. TFS

Rose said...

oh so pretty!!! love the pearls on the button :)

Windy Hills said...

Your mom must be very proud of you and all the beautiful cards and wonderful ideas. Thank you for sharing this beautiful carad!!!!

~amy~ said...

Perfect-o!

Missy said...

This is so, so pretty---I bet it's just what your mom had in mind!! Tha branch is such a pretty focal point!!

Unknown said...

How pretty. I just love the sentiment.

Hugs~

Anonymous said...

That's just plain gorgeous, good golly!!

Court said...

FABBY card my sweet friend!!!

Danielle said...

Hi, June! Gorgeous card! Love the color combo! And the pearls on buttons is a perfect touch! I've never tried that, but now I must! Thanks for joining us at YCU :)

Anke said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons. Hope to see you again, good luck
xx

Karen said...

A truly stunning creation!!

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Ribbons this fortnight in our Anything But Square challenge.

Hugs,
Krafty Karen - DT.

Stephanie said...

Beautiful card, and I love that you used TWO new and great techniques! Well done! Thanks for playing along with us at Young Crafters Unite!

Marie said...

Beautiful card! I love the soft flowers and the pearls on the button are so pretty =) Thanks for joining our YCU challenge!

cebelica said...

I like the simplicity of your card. It's very beautiful. Thanks for playing with us at Crafty ribbons. I hope you will join our new challenge too. :) Hugs! xx

Leslie Hanna said...

Beautiful card. And omgosh, you still have all that ribbon?! O_o