Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Thoughts of You for 2013


 Happy 2013!  I have been enjoying the holiday season with some of the friends and family I love most.  I hope you were able to do the same.  I chose to enjoy each day rather than stress over the holiday bustle.   I have a few gifts that are still not wrapped and shipped, but it will get done.  Until last night, I even took a vacation from crafting and social media.  We had a nice unexpected surprise...a white Christmas!  And Santa even brought a sled; perfect.  We have had lots of fun doing puzzles, playing games, and sledding in the snow.

  Yesterday the postman brought me a package of goodies from Pumpkin Spice, so my daughters and I headed to my craft room.  My girls created sticker mosaics that Santa brought while I played with my new papers and stamps.  The trees and the sentiment are Paper Smooches stamps and the papers are Carta Bella "Traditions".  I love the weight and feel of the Carta Bella papers.  They seem higher quality to me than some of my other 6x6 pads by various manufacturers...just my opinion!

  The brown card stock is from my December Pumpkin Spice kit, "Winterland Fun."  The red dotted card stock, dark brown ink, and my acrylic stamping block all came from the Pumpkin Spice kit, "Mooey Doodles."  The gems and crinkle ribbon were also purchased from Pumpkin Spice...I love that store!  Great prices and reasonable shipping.

I wish you all a healthy and happy 2013!

22 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Happy New Year to you! Lovely card June

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!! I loveeeeeeeee the colors and the trees!! Happy New Year!!

Saundra said...

This is beautiful, June! ~hugs, Saundra :)

Houses Built of Cards said...

Wow! This is beautiful! Great project - so pretty!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Great card!

Rose said...

Happy New Year girl :)

love the sweet trees!!!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

what a sweet card! have a happy and healthy new year!

Missy said...

This is lovely June, I think the font on that sentiment is fantastic!!

Shelly said...

So glad you have enjoyed the Holidays! Your card is adorable!
Wishing you a fabulous New Year and all the best for 2013!
Shelly

Court said...

love it June bug!!! Gorgeous! LOVED the crinkled ribbon treatment!

Sherrie K. said...

So glad to hear your having a great holiday season! I love your story and so glad you took the time to have fun too! We all get caught up in the holiday bustle and we forget to ENJOY the moments and have some fun!
We try and stay focused on that as well!
Your card is beautiful June! You always seem to deliver such amazing designs and so inspiring! TFS!
Happy New Year my friend!
Sherrie K
http:/sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Ryoma Sakamoto.Japan said...

I wish you a ☆ :: * Happy-New-Year * :: ☆ From Japan.!! God bless you during 2013!
Ryoma Sakamoto.

Kard Queen said...

Happy New Year, and congratulations on another fabulous card production.
The interesting shapes of the trees sets the card off, and I love the long trunks.

MS said...

This card is so sweet! I love the warm country feel.

I also love how you enjoyed each day-I tried really hard to not get caught up in the marketing this year. I wanted to enjoy it, not be totally stressed!

I also love (I guess I'm just loving this post!) how you create with your girls. I try to do that with my niece-she loves stamping with my Distress Inks! She's 4 1/2 so I'm still nervous about the mess but I have a TON of supplies just for her!

Well, that was a chatty comment, LOL! Happy New Year!!

Unknown said...

Well that sounds like the perfect way to enjoy the holidays. One day at a time. I like that! Your card is just so sweet. Wishing you and your family a Happy 2013!

Hugs~

Georgiana said...

Love the different shapes of trees.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Lynn said...

Beautiful. The soft mix/match of papers is gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing with us at PaperSmooches Sparks!

Lori said...

What a great mix of patterned papers--and I love the paper pieced trees! Thanks for joining us for the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!

Julie M said...

Fab card, June - the colours are great, and I love those trees, really strong bold shapes.

Julie xx

Katie Ann Brooks said...

I believe I already commented on this on flickr, but why not tell you again how much I LOVE this card! :)

lauren bergold said...

oh ♥♥♥WOW♥♥♥!!!!! instant FAVE of 2013! what a BRILLIANT and beaitufl card! loooooooooooooove it!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER cute! I love the papers you've used---LOVE the added bling! FAB:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS Anything Goes challenge!!! Can't wait to see what you create for this week's challenge-- Vintage:)