Friday, May 17, 2013

Sets of Girly Graduation Cards

   My husband has four little cousins (first cousins, once removed) that are graduating this year; two from college and two from high school.  
 I saw the Shopping Our Stash challenge:  Scrap Attack, and knew this was right up my alley!  I pulled out little scrap pieces of Glitz Design papers and die cut the grad caps and embellished with grey snaps.  I also saw the challenge at Little Tangles:  embellish it!  I used a sentiment from "Fresh Blooms" and embellished with some leftover MME "Fun day" rhinestones.
(a Neat and Tangled challenge blog)

And I based my cards on this sketch
Lastly, thanks to my blog friend Migdalia (aka Creative M), I am entering the current challenge at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges:  Happy _______.

 But then I took a break and went out to get the mail, and I had some happy mail from Danielle of Neat and Tangled!  My Neat and Tangled gold metallic sequins had arrived!  So I made three more cards, but this time with off-white snaps, an Echo Park "Winter Park/Lift Tickets" chevron background, and I added a few MME rhinestones to the centers of some of the sequins (I had difficulty photographing):
   I like this set with the sequence even better!  I sense a sequins addiction coming on...

Happy Friday!

22 comments:

Tatiana Yemelyanenko said...

So lovely CAS cards!

snappy scrappy said...

Love them...super clean and cute!

MerjaHannele said...

Quit simple and nice card! You just give an idea to mee too, thanks!

DIANA L. said...

Awesome card June --- So CAS and perfect colors!! Love the designer paper

Ros Crawford said...

Gosh these are lovely! So very elegant

Lisa said...

These are elegant and beautiful!! I love the sequins and the paper you used for the hat!! Happy Friday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Leslie Hanna said...

These are SUPER! Wait, I HAVE THAT DIE! Doh! And I have the CAS(E) sketch on my list for this weekend.

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Migdalia said...

Simply Beautiful!!!
Would love if you joined us at Pause, Dream & Enjoy challenge.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous!! LOVING the caps!!

Dahlene Henrie Spencer said...

I love how cute the sequins look they brighten the card up. Cute idea my friend.

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, what a nice set of cards! They are awesome:) The paper you used on the hat is super fun and love the shiny sequins! Great grad cards...I really need to get busy on making some! Thanks for the inspiration June!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Adriana B said...

sweet card :) great work as always :)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card-and what a clever take on the sketch-love your very classy Mortar boards :)
Best wishes,Nessa xx

Diane Hodrick said...

Hi June!
Been forever since we've chatted. I see you are still making the fabulousness. These are so clean and crisp. Love the colors (they are the colors of my daughter's high school). Cheery, pretty, and perfect. Let's see what else you've been up to.....

Rose said...

oh i love the cards and your right the sequins really jazz it up :)
have a great weekend my friend :)

MS said...

I love these! So perfect! Well done :)

artfuldelight said...

Fabulous cards June!! Miss you my friend! :-)

Migdalia said...

Hi June,
Ditto on what I said earlier....
Thank you for playing at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.Be sure to check out our Facebook Page to see if your project entry was highlighted and
linked to your blog!
PDE Challenge Page on Facebook
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful set of graduation cards and I love how you used the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

Lesley said...

These are so cute June, love the wee tassel and the sequins are perfect!!

Janis Lewis said...

Love this, June! Thanks for liking our photos being posted to the FB wall! And I just have to mention, my mother's maiden name was HOOK and I believe an alternate spelling is Houck. Just thought that was interesting. I enjoy genealogy. Have a fab day! :) Janis

Ren-Yi said...

What a sweet card. Love your bling! Thanks for playing along with us at little tangles.