Friday, May 10, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Gifts inspired by 365 Cards

  Today I am playing along with 365 Cards to create teacher gifts for teacher appreciation week.  I had never tried the chalkboard technique, and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to try it out (rub a little talc on black card stock...looks better IRL.)  SRM Stickers is sponsoring 365 Cards this week and I recently won some SRM Stickers!  I used SRM Stickers for my sentiments.

Here is the inspiration photo:
  I chose papers from My Mind's Eye Six by Six "School Daze" and card stock from the Moo-ey Doodles kit sold exclusively from Shop Pumpkin Spice.  See the embossed apple?  It is already embossed (made by Bazzill); it made cute apples, didn't it?  The apple was cut @ 1.5" from the Cricut "Wrap It Up" cartridge.  My "chalkboard" was cut @ 1.75" from "Elegant Edges."
  A pretty easy project to mass produce (just add chocolate almond Hershey bars!)  I even decorated a little bag to hold them with paper scraps:
  Phew!  I am glad to have these completed...now I need to work on end-of-year teacher gifts :)

Happy Friday!

19 comments:

Claudine said...

These are so darn cute June

Kard Queen said...

Fabulous and very thoughtful idea. I know they appreciate your kindness.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Migdalia said...

Cute & Yummy!Lov eit!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute treats and bag!!!

Lisa said...

What awesome teacher gifts, June!! They look amazing and the bag is fabulous!! Happy Friday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, these make awesome gifts for the Teachers! What a fun project June! I love the matching bag to!
Have a great wknd and Happy Mother's Day my friend!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Denise Price said...

Wow, you made a lot of these! The chalkboard idea is great, and so perfect for teacher gifts.

Rose said...

yummy!!! way to rock the challenge and sketch :) so glad you joined us on 365 :)

Adriana B said...

great gift ideas for teachers, wonderful work :)

Stephanie Buice said...

Awe, that is so sweet of you to make them such cuteness! Good job :)
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me some love, you are too kind to me Mrs. June <3

Tracy said...

Happy Mother's Day to YOU June - miss you sweetie! hope you're having a great day (the weather is cooperating at least right? ;-))

Missy said...

Terrific teacher gifts, I'm going to need to pin this one! Speaking of pinning....congrats on them pinning them!! You deserve it!!! :)

Janice said...

Love your vision of the sketch and what great gifts! Thanks for joining 365 Cards.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Wow, you go girlfriend! Way to knock those off the to do list. Love that you took the sketch and made something fun (and tasty!). Thanks for joining us at 365 Cards.

Anonymous said...

Such a gorgeous idea... Love love love :)
Thanks for joining us over at 365cards. :)

wendipooh13 said...

great teacher thank yous!!!! those will be loved!!! love the chalkboard technique!!! soo glad you played along with us at 365 Cards!!!

MS said...

these are too fun! the teachers must have loved them! you're so sweet for making them such a special gift :)

lauren bergold said...

verrrrrry cool technique and such awesomely clever gifts! (o'course you had *ME* at "chocolate" but this makes them even better!!!) :) :) :)