Thursday, June 20, 2013

Washi It Up challenge: Make washi tutorial

  Ever since 1987 when I was dating my husband, we have celebrated our half birthdays (when we remember!)  I created this card for our twin girls to give to Doug for his half-birthday earlier this month.

  My inspiration came from the "Washi It Up" challenge at Little Tangles:  Use Washi or Make Your Own Washi.


Make your own washi tutorial:
  1. Apply strips of double-sided tape to a sheet of way paper.
  2. Add napkins or tissue paper to the tape strips.
  3. Trim off the extra napkin or tissue paper (but keep the wax paper on the back side.)
  4. When ready to use, cut a piece of your strip, peel off of the wax paper, and have fun!
 "Sparkle and Shine" stamps:

  The three washi tapes I used came from my blog friend, Leslie Hanna, who purchased these for me at Target.

Happy Thursday! (and Happy 46.5 Birthday to my hottie husband)

20 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love loveeeeeeeeee this! The colors rock and loving the washi tape!!!

Migdalia said...

I have a few washi tape and have not yet used on my projects. I am going to try this. Fabulous!!!Love it!
Have a wonderful day my friend,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Linda Breedlove said...

Haven't tried making my own yet... there are so many pretty ones to buy!!! Love these your friend gave you... just perfect for your hubby's card!

Lisa said...

This is so awesome!! I love the design and colors!! What a fabulous card!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Shelly said...

I LOVE it - it's an AWESOME card!

I totally love that you guys celebrate the half, that's so cool :)

Hope you had a wonderful day!
Shelly

CarlaKH said...

gorgeous- just fabulous!

Rose said...

love the cut out Dad and your washi flags :)

~amy~ said...

How fun that we used the same set!!! Awesome 1/2 birthday card!!!

Lydia said...

Fabulous idea with the washi tape!! Thank you so much for you kind words on the October Afternoon blog, they mean a lot!!and I was scrolling through your blog and I LOVE that "ticket" one with the type writer, great mix of paper and colors! :)

Sherrie K. said...

Fabby card June!Love the color/combo and thanks SO much for the washi tape idea..gotta give that a try!
have a great evening!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Adriana B said...

wonderful card :)

Missy said...

What a great tradition June, super tutorial and I love the card, the color combo is so sharp!!

Stephanie Buice said...

Ha! so smart!

Unknown said...

eeek! i love this! awesome guy card in all it's bright, happy, colorful splendor!

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh, this is toooo cute and TOO CLEVER!!! and a very happy 1/2b to dh/DH... you're only 46.5 once you know!!! :) :) :)

Unknown said...

Love how you used the washi tape. So cute...

Hugs~

Lizzyc said...

HI..Thanks so much for coming by my blog and your wonderful comments made me smile.. I have clicked to follow by bloglovin so I hope to come by again soon!! p.s. I love your cards too!!

chanya13 said...

I love how you used washai tape, hugs from Poland :)

Leslie Hanna said...

SUPER! I'm so happy to have enabled you. :)

Ros Crawford said...

Don't know how I missed this but it is stunning!! Love your use of Washi Tape and the colour is perfect!