Thursday, December 19, 2013

Sequins at the end of the Sequence


   The six month term for the current Little Tangles design team has come to an end.  This is our final post and challenge, but it is not goodbye!  I eagerly await the inspiration by the new design team.  Neat and Tangled remains one of my two favorite stamp companies, so I know I will continue to support them.  In fact it was Neat and Tangled that started the sequins trend, did you know that?  For my card I used a few sequins from the "Winter Wonderland" pack and the current fortnightly challenge is: 

SEQUINS!

(Winter Wonderland sequins pack)   

My sentiment is from this new fab set called
 "You + Me":
This could be my new favorite stamp set.  LOVE.


For my card I used punches and card stock by Stampin' Up!  I liked the little blue circles in the designer paper (BasicGrey "Eskimo Kisses" 6x6).  The blue card stock was a little bolder (see scalloped oval compared to the hexagon die cut piece (a PTI die).  To tone down the blue hexagon die cut piece, I also cut a scrap piece of vellum with the hexagon die and glued together with glossy accents (which I also used to adhere the sequins.)  Then I glued both hexagon die cut layers to the BasicGrey patterned paper.  The paper was a little wavy for my perfectionist taste, so I ran the entire piece through my Xyron.  This also enabled my to easily adhere my ends of the scrap ribbon I used on the sentiment oval as well as adhering the entire panel to my base card.

Please stop by Little Tangles to say goodbye, play along in the SEQUINS challenge, and welcome the new team in two weeks!

Happy Thursday!

10 comments:

DIANA L. said...

beautiful!

Migdalia said...

This is just GORGEOUS!!!
Have a wonderful day my friend,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenge Blog ♥

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, love the design on this June! The honeycomb background is fabulous and love the fun sequins! Just beautiful!
Hope your having a great day!
Sherrie K

Crazie Kat said...

OMG--this is a lovely and elegant card.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the snowflakes!!!!

~amy~ said...

Hey Hey...doing catch up! I'm so sad that the LT DT is coming to a close but like you, I'll still be playing along!

Love your card for the sequin challenge, awesome design.

Thanks for all of the fabulous LT inspiration!!!

cm said...

You've worked magic with N&T stamps over your DT term, and sparked much inspiration, especially for me! I know it was one of your cards that first introduced me to N&T, and for that: thank you! New doors will continue to open for you; your talent ensures this happening! Fabulous finale card!!
c

Ren-Yi said...

hey june - i hope we get to plan a meet up next time! i love being on a DT with you. you always have such a positive attitude and i love how your work is always an inspiration. This last one is just fab with the sequins and hex die cut! Just lovely! I will keep stalking this blog! :)

Ren-Yi said...

hey june - i hope we get to plan a meet up next time! i love being on a DT with you. you always have such a positive attitude and i love how your work is always an inspiration. This last one is just fab with the sequins and hex die cut! Just lovely! I will keep stalking this blog! :)

Ren-Yi said...

hey june - we need to meet up! it's still on my to-do list :) thank you for being such a fab DT. i really enjoyed my stint with you! and thank for being a source of inspiration and encouragement! Many hugs! I will continue to stalk you.

love your card, btw. the hexes and the sequins are full of fun!