Sunday, November 30, 2014

Autumn/Thanksgiving Teacher Treats

I hope you all enjoyed a lovely Thanksgiving with your friends and family.  Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because I associate it with being with my maternal grandparents.  I still have my grandma, who is now 92 and as pretty as ever.

I made these Cricut cut tags for teacher gifts last week.  I delivered them all the Monday before Thanksgiving; it is technically still autumn even if the temperatures are saying it is time for winter fun.  (Cricut "Create a Critter 2" p.63 cut at 6".  Actual size is 3.5" tall.)
(This is the back of the tag.  I stamped with a Neat and Tangled sentiment from the "Just For You" set; on sale this weekend at $6 off!)

Here are all of the treats, ready to go:
 Supplies:  Doodlebug Designs "Friendly Forest" papers, Doodle twine, and Doodlebug Sprinkles.

I filled each with "acorns":  Nutter Butter minis, Hershey kisses, and Nestle mini chocolate chips held together with edible adhesive:
I hope you had a happy November!

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

92? that's awesome!

There's something about acorns...I LOVE them in every form. Cute tags and the cookies are adorable!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are AWESOME!!! Such a great gift idea!!!!!!

Tracy said...

so adorable June - the papers are the perfect choice for these acorns! Now lets talk about those little cookie acorns - LOL cute & yummy all at the same time (did you save any? i'd love to taste on Wednesday hint hint! rotflol)

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome!!!

Sherrie K. said...

June, these acorns are so cute! I love the idea and I am sure the Teachers loved them! You are so sweet and so thoughtful!
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Sherrie K

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but after looking at some of the articles I realized it's new to me. Nonetheless, I'm certainly happy I discovered it and I'll be book-marking it and checking back often!
http://learninghints.eu